Weddings can be the most joyful day in the world its true. This is the day where families come together, and lives are joined forever. But, during a wedding day, it can also be a time of great chaos.
Planning a wedding can also be a stressful and time-consuming task.
But it does not have to be that way. With a little careful planning and foresight, you can easily have the smoothest wedding day of your dreams.
So here are my top 5 wedding day tips
- Create a detailed timeline for your wedding day. A timeline for when flowers are set to arrive, when people should arrive, when hair and makeup will get done, etc. Include exact times and locations. Share this timeline with everyone involved in your wedding, including your photographer!
- Have food on hand while you get ready. Some couples make the mistake of barely eating on their wedding day and end up with a headache! Having healthy snacks and lots of water on hand will make for a better day.
- Practice walking in your wedding day shoes to make sure they’re comfortable enough to stand around in for your portraits and for the duration of your wedding. Pain is beauty, yes, but looking pained in a picture isn’t worth the discomfort.
- Get your food to go Ask your caterer to pack away food for you (the cocktail hour food, the main course, the cake … everything) because likely you’ll have absolutely no time to eat any of it. And trust me: You’ll be starving when you get back to the hotel at the end of the night.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff Breathe, enjoy the planning process and ultimately, enjoy your day and being with all your loved ones. If something goes wrong, you’re surrounded by people who are willing to help and support you. In the end, no one is going to remember how much effort you put into those paper flowers that now have crinkled edges anyway.
Any other tips you can think of? Please leave them in the comments below!