Now that you have picked a date, a photographer, and probably a venue as well you can celebrate! Those are some of the toughest decisions in the wedding planning and you can cross them off your list! Awesome! Now its time to have some fun with the engagement session! Below I have made a brief list of preparation tips for outfits and accessories that will make your engagement session come together with ease!
1. Firstly Don’t try to match… Try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead. Don’t try to force yourself into something uncomfortable that you wouldn’t normally wear. Just be you!
Most patterns are actually okay… but, Graphics are not favorable for portraits. These photos will be a reflection of the amazing person you are so have fun with your style and show everyone who you are! Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards for more outfit inspiration if you’re having trouble!
2. Empty your pockets! Literally. You don’t want to have keychains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
3. Bring Props! Your dog, a couch, sports equipment books, fresh flowers anything you can think of that tells the story of you. This is not totally necessary but it will be really fun if you can. Also, your choice of location can be thought of as a prop. A quaint bookstore, a laundromat, where you first met, a coffee shop, a local farmers market, a movie theater. These are all amazing locations that we could use to our benefit.
4. Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! This will give you shoot two totally different looks. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first!
5. Be on time! The sun is only out for so long! The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! And nobody wants that!
6. Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few ring shots while you change outfits! The cleaner the better.
7. Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this. I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! I realize most people are not used to being in front of a camera, so I will be there giving you plenty of direction. Sometimes I might actually have you pose a certain way. Other times I might ask you to do something. Remember just to have fun, this is a time just to be together and enjoy the day!